Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

     We had a great Thanksgiving Day, and I hope you did too!  All three girls and their families plus my sister were here for the day.  Our menu was:
Ham
Fried Turkey
Potatoes and Gravy
Sweet Potato Casserole
California Blend Vegetable Casserole
Rotini Salad
Cinnamon Bread
Pumpkin Dessert
Coconut Cream Pie
Peach Dessert
We ate until we were stuffed, then some of us played cards while others watched TV and/or went to get hay for the cattle.  Dessert came later.  The girls poured 
over the ads and planned their strategy for today.   Cael certainly enjoyed his turkey leg!
     As I set the table for dinner, I realized I was short on table cothes and fall decorations for this large of a gathering.  In the past few years we have either been in North Carolina for Thanksgiving, or we've not had such a large group.  Here is the table:

And the centerpiece:

I was very disappointed in the table as it looked pretty blah with the white and a small centerpiece.  I will work on this before next Thanksgiving.  It also gives me something to think about for Christmas too!

We all (except Kyle who had to work) got together today at Travis & Kerry's since they couldn't make it yesterday.  Once again we ate way too much.  We just got home late with two sleepy little boys who are going to help us decorate tomorrow.  So, another Thanksgiving for the memories!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The house looks great! The flow of the new arrangement in the dining room is much better. We all had a great time and enjoyed the food. I can't wait to see the house decorated for Christmas. It has changed a lot in the last year!!