Thursday, June 11, 2009

Porch Swap

As I began reading blogs in the fall I mostly read blogs that were prim or country decorators or quilters or crafters. They often talked about the swaps they were having. I wanted so badly to join one, but I didn't feel that I really could. I finally got the nerve up to join a porch swap in May. I was paired with another Kim and given the instructions. I had lots of ideas, but couldn't make a decision. I wanted something that would fit what she likes, something I'd enjoy making, and yet something that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to mail! Also, this was for someone who decorates in the prim style, which I only have touches of. This also made me continue to waver. I sent it off and am hoping she likes it.

In the meantime, I received my package from her today. I am thrilled with what I got! Here's a photo of the entire boxful.

The pillow is navy homespun to put in one of my rocking chairs, the star will go perfectly with the ones on the wall, the dainty flowers painted on red and the embroidered prayer sign will look great too!

The citronella candles will help keep the bugs at bay on those nice summer evenings. And I have been wanting the eco friendly water bottle and now I have one!!

These ladybugs will look great on the fruit jars I grunged up and put wire handles on!


Thanks, Kim! I hope you enjoyed your box too!

1 comment:

Trina said...

What is an eco friendly water bottle?