Wednesday, March 17, 2010

IH Quilt and Gratitude

Another IH (International Harvester--it's a brand of farm machinery) for Payton.  He has the large IH quilt I made him on his bed but wanted one for TV watching.
After seeing him with it I know I need to make it bigger.  It won't be hard to do if I can match the fabric, but red and black are hard to match.  I'm putting that on my list.

Gratitude--I am grateful for my faith.  I was lucky enough to attend Catholic school for first through third grade (and just a few months of fourth).  I have many fond memories of Sister Ethel, Sister Rose Agnes, and Sister Wilma.  I am sure that many of my personality traits can be attributed to my Catholic upbringing--my need to follow the rules, my guilt, and my love of tradition.  Well, maybe I would be that way anyway!  I remember Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve followed by breakfast at our house attended by all relatives who were at Mass.  Fridays during Lent were special as we attended Mass early and then headed to the bakery for a roll and hot chocolate before going to school.  I remember the day JFK was shot and we all went to the chapel to pray until he was declared dead, and we were sent home.  First Communion was a BIG deal as a kid and as a parent.  I've been lucky enough to have a grandson who has made his First Communion.  As a child and teenager much of my extended family lived in the same area, so we worshipped together.  Gradually we all moved, and I really miss that fellowship.  I am grateful that I have my faith in the good times and the bad.  I can't imagine it any other way.

No comments: