Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Sewing

Contrary to what this blog has looked like lately, I have been sewing.  I just don't have any finished projects to share.  Bud was off at an auction today, so I had the day to do what I wanted--well, sort of.  I had to do a little shopping, which I never WANT to do.  But I spent about six hours in my craft room sewing, which I DO want to do!  I have two projects going right now, but I don't want to show them until I'm done.  Here's a sneak peek.
A baby quilt:
A cuddly flannel lap robe:
I finally decided on a sewing machine:

I hope to have time to take it out of the box tomorrow, but I really want to finish my two projects first.

Gratitude for today:  I am grateful for smiles.  Smiles have the ability to make you and the person you are sharing the smile with feel better.  Smiles can mean different things--the sly smile, the sexy smile, or the great big grin.  I love the way Bud's eyes crinkle as he breaks into a big smile.  And that first smile from a little one is so precious.  (Grayson gave Trina and Tanner his first big smile today!)  Go ahead and smile--you'll feel better!  For ten reasons it's healthy to smile go HERE.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Love your projects and anxious to see the finished products, Kim. Great 10 reasons to smile, I did try the 10th and it's true, it's hard to think of anything negative. My smile turned to laughter instead! Thanks!