Thursday, April 8, 2010

Memory Quilt

Mom turned 70 March 29th.  Even though she has approached 7 with hesitation, I thought it called for a special gift.  So, I made her a memory quilt to hang on her wall.
I included photos of her as a young girl with her family and a saying about memories.
I included a family photo from when we were quite young and one of us with our kids and just one great grandchild.  Of course I included the great grandchildren--even the newest!
I put Mom's most recent photo on it and one of the last ones of Dad.  I also include the four generation photo that includes me!
Of course I put their wedding photo on it.
I couldn't forget my grandparents, and of course the three sisters on one of their yearly trips home.
I embellished it a little with some trim and flowers.  That isn't really my taste, but I know Mom enjoys it. I will give it to her when we go to Texas.  I certainly hope she like it!!

4 comments:

Trilby said...

The pictures don't do the quilt justice. It is really pretty and looks great hanging in Grandma's house.

Trina said...

I hope she likes it, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

The guilt looks great on your Mom's wall. Thanks for all the help for the wedding.Love Gay


















l

Laurie said...

Wow Kim, it's beautiful! I love making memory quilts, but I have to say yours tops 'em! I'll be looking at it often for ideas! (Yeah I'm a thief :) )