Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Quilt Show Shopping!

While Jenny and I were at the quilt show we did see several "celebrities".  The first one I thought I saw was Jan Patek. She is known for applique and needle punch.  Sure enough when we went back to her booth, it was her.  She was teaching a mini class.  We bought a pattern from her. If you'd like a free pattern from her go here.

When we went back to Eleanor Burns' booth there she was.  

Eleanor is know for her "quilt in a day" patterns, although she has many others.  We bought one of her patterns.  You can check out her website here.

Of course we bought a "few" items.  Who could resist? 
There's Eleanor Burns on the pattern on the right.  Jenny and I are sharing that one.  Won't my grandbabies look cute in jackets like the pattern on the left?  And the pattern you see behind is really three patterns that were free with the purchase of some flannel you'll see next. 
This flannel was so soft and pretty I could just imagine being cuddled up with it in front of the fire this winter.
We got a great deal on charm packs--buy three get one free.  So, we each bought two and split the cost.  I'm using mine to make this little Schnibbles.  I've heard so much about these, but I've never made one. It will be just right for a winter weekend activity.
And a few fat quarters--the Dick and Jane fabric is for a gift.  I'm sure you'll see the project later.  And the fat quarters on the right are to finish a snowball table topper for Christmas decorating.
It was an enjoyable day, and I look forward to next year's quilt show!

No comments: