Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Around My Yard

I love fall!  The mums are fantastic.
I have tried for years to grow mums.  I had a good start and then we dug up the front of the house for the addition.  I've planted some every year since.
Finally this year I had three small ones that came up for the first time, and three large bunches that are older and looking great!
The sedum is ready for fall.  There's the last red rose in the corner.
The Knock -Out roses are confused.  I know the photo is blurry, but you can see the new bud.  Don't think it's going to get a chance to bloom.
These pretty little impatients even survived the hard frost.
The purple coneflowers are ready for the snow.
And the burning bush is  turning red.
Here's hoping fall lasts a lonnnnnnng time!  All of these colors are much prettier than white!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm with you on the mums Kim, I love them. There's so many colors, shapes, and sizes, and they bring color into late fall. Can't beat them!