Friday, April 29, 2011

Counting Down

22 days to Summer Vacation!
I don't usually count down the days at the end of the year, but this year has been a difficult one, both professionally(challenging class, too many IEP meetings, etc.) and
 personally(family illness, jury duty, family deaths)!

I can't wait to see June 2nd.  I have a few days of break then it's back to the books as I have science class for a week the second week in June. Two days of a reading conference in June, a week of language camp to help with in June,  then two days of class in August.  Whew!  I'm going to be busy, but a different busy with more free time thrown in.

My motto to finish the year is the following:
I will not yell in class.
I will not throw things.
I will not get mad.
Because I am the teacher, I am the teacher, I am the teacher!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I've missed so much not being able to read your blog over the past 2 weeks, Kim, Happy belated Birthday, and your grand children are ADORABLE! Have fun with them, and your count down!!

Josie McRazie said...

I am both looking forward to and dreading summer vacation!! Hope your end of the year countdown goes smoothly! We are preparing to go in for my daughters IEP and I am hopeing that this year they have not (yet again) changed the format!! Our school districe has changed it for 3 years in a row and we are ALWAYS the first in for IEP!! I just chuckle with her teacher (whom she has had for 4 years) Not looking forward to this one as it will mark the change to middle school!!
Lets hope the summer holds vacation and relaxation!!

Trilby said...

I am counting down too!! I am so ready for this year to be over with! The summer will be full of a lot of activities and go way to fast!