Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Head, Shoulders, Ankle, Toes, Ankle, Toes!

(Warning: Possible gross photo!)

We've had quite the interesting past few weeks at our house. It all started on May 19th when I went in for hammer toe surgery. Yes, thanks to my grandfather, mother, and aunt, I inherited hammer toes. Anyway, the best plan was that I would have the surgery on May 12th and be back at school at least half time for the last week and a half of the school year. BUT, my GP wouldn't release me for general anesthesia(even though that isn't what I was having), because she said I had a cold. (It was allergies.). Long story short, there was a LOT of miscommunication between medical professionals, and I was put off a week. I came out of surgery with this:



This is my foot five days after surgery. Yes, that is a pin sticking out of my toe! It will be there for a month! I have two boots to wear--a soft one for bed, and a sturdy one for walking. I'm still having a hard time having my foot down for very long before it starts swelling. I did manage to go to school to spend a few hours yesterday and today. It's going to be a looong summer!

AND on top of it all, our plan was for me to at least have the pin out and be somewhat recuperated before Bud had surgery on his ankle. Welllll, that didn't work out so well either as they moved it from June16th to May 27th to May 25th!!! I was hardly walking yet when I had to take him to the hospital where he unexpectedly spent the night, and then go back to get him the next day! We had sweet rides to the door when we left!!!



I was very embarrassed, and hoped like heck, no one I knew saw us!!! The funny thing was that the college kid who pushed Bud out looked at us both and said, "Now, which one of you is driving?". We're both on the mend, nothing serious is wrong, we're just inconvenienced.

Now that school is over, I'm hoping to be able to spend a little time sewing here and there if I can keep my foot down, then I have science class four days next week, reading class two days the next week, and language camp every morning the last week of June. And there goes June!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:H Ave,Kalona,United States

1 comment:

Josie McRazie said...

You two are quite the pair!! LOL hope you both heal up soon!! Hope you have hand work to do so you can keep your feet up and stitch away!!