Friday, September 2, 2011

Get Out the Glasses!

Get out the glasses, we're going to make some apple pie!!
Not a slice of pie, but the drink.









Really I don't imbibe in alcohol much, but a friend gave us some apple pie for me to taste, and I really liked it! It's a homemade drink, so I made some of my own. Last year when we went to Texas for a wedding I took some along. Anyway, I left a bottle there and some relatives decided they really liked it(Cynthia). They have requested the recipe so here it is.

1gallon apple cider
1/2 gallon apple juice
5 cups sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
2 whole cloves

Dissolve sugar in boiling liquid. Simmer 30 minutes. Chill overnight and strain. Add 1fifth ever clear(180 proof)

ENJOY!!! But be careful--it sneaks up on you!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Whew Kim! My sugar just went up reading the ingredients! I'm not a drinker but I know some people who would love this. I'm saving the recipe.

Josie McRazie said...

This would also be yummy served warm and drizzled over ice cream!