Sunday, January 1, 2012

#11 in 11 DONE!!

This quilt was a gift for Travis for Christmas, so I couldn't show it earlier either.   
It is HUGE!!  I didn't really pay attention to size, I just used shirts that I knew he would like.
Since he graduated in 1997 I guess it is long overdue!
On this one I made all of the squares the same size except the middle ones.  This was much easier than Tasha's which I made the size of the print on each t-shirt.
Travis had a lot of t-shirts and jerseys to choose from, so I put a few on the back.
I started quilting this myself with clear thread.  My machine began to give me problems, and I was stressed, so I got someone to finish it for me.  She, however, used gray thread.  You really can't tell the difference unless I point it out.

And that is 11 in '11, but I do have one more completed project to post tomorrow.  It was made in '11, so it should count!

2 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

yay you!!! 12 in 11!! I just love the t-shirt memory quilts!
Oh, go here and read this with a box of tissues!!
http://bolohead.blogspot.com/2011/12/memory-quilt.html

Beth Swantz said...

so impressed!!!!