Thursday, February 2, 2012

Do You HuHot?

Several years ago a group of friends were planning a dinner out.  They wanted to go to HuHot Mongolian Grill.  Another friend and I didn't really want to go there, so we grumbled about it together, but decided to go with the flow. (I can be flexible like that really.)

So....we went and I LOVED it!!  So much so that I convinced Bud to try it, and he loves it too!  But, we don't like the price and try not to go out so much.


Another thing I love is:
 Yes, PINTEREST!

Well the two came together the day I pinned this recipe.

Sesame Noodles
Adapted from:  The Pioneer Woman

1 16oz. package linguine pasta, cooked and drained
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
5 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
4 tablespoons canola oil
5 green onions, sliced thin

In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili sauce, and canola oil.  Taste and adjust to your liking.  Pour over cooked noodles and toss being sure to coat evenly.  Garnish with green onions.  Enjoy!

We add other things like we would at HuHot--shrimp, crabmeat, sausage, water chestnuts, etc.  
The sauce tastes like what I use at HuHot--the first basic recipe.  You can always adjust it to meet your tastes.  

So, I have killed two birds with one stone--actually using something I pinned on Pinterest & having something to make when we're hungry for HuHot.  

Try it--You'll like it!!

3 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

in the QC we have a HiHo Mongolian Grill on 23rd Ave!! MY KIDS LOVE IT!!!! I like that it feeds alll of our VERY different eating haibts!! I have a vegitarian, a very picky son, and then there is my Lillian who powers through her entire bowl!! Oh, and Honeyman has all the meat he can pile on!!!

Anonymous said...

what kind of soy sauce is best? Dark,light,brand???

Thank you.

Emily

williamnoah0702 said...

Thank you for proving such a kind information, its means a lot to me. Also check HuHot Mongolian Grill Customer Satisfaction Survey Also check customer satisfaction survey