Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Pink Whirly Wheels Baby Quilt

Aela was born May 13th and she had to wait until today to get her quilt! Because I've had so many problems with my sewing machine it was in the shop AGAIN! Anyway, I finally finished Aela's quilt today.


I used a jelly roll of Lilly and Will by Bunny Hill for Moda in pink and brown.



Why is it that I spend hours placing the squares to get the best look, and yet when I take a picture of it finished it never looks just right???? I even took a picture of it before I started the sashing just to be sure.
I love the super size ric rac!


Anyway, I used a pattern from Moda Bakeshop called Whirlybird Wheels Baby Quilt designed by Brandi from A Quilty Kind of Girl blog.
I took it to Aela's tonight, but someone else insisted on being in the pictures.



Even if it was just her arm!


Then she had to get her quilt out just like her little sis.



It feels good to have another finish. Now I have another that is late, plus a couple small projects that are waiting to be done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my machine will finally hold up.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

great finish! I hope your machine will cooperate now!!

Kath said...

You are way too critical of your work. It always looks awesome and the ones receiving the gifts, love them.
Love Ya
Kath

Sparrow Studioz said...

I love how your quilt turned out!! :D
Bradie

Sparrow Studioz said...

I love how your quilt turned out!! :D
Bradie