Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Barn Raising!

My grandson Nate had a birthday that I missed as I was too sick to sew! FINALLY, I got it done.

It all started with this pin on Pinterest.


I knew I wanted to make one and turn it into a barn! Bud bought and cut the PVC pipe following the direction on the blog Angry Julie Monday. I however, purchased fabric and began the task of making it look like a barn sans pattern! Here it is with the roof completed.


Of course wouldn't you know that without a pattern to follow I didn't buy enough fabric. Luckily they had more to match when I went back. I spent a lot of time measuring, sewing, trying it on, and tearing out.:(. But in the end he loved it!


I put hay bales and a kitty on one side. Along with a window. You can see the pitchfork on the front, but what you can't see is the window and cornstalk behind Nate.


And on the other side there are more cornstalks and another window.


If you could look closely you would see John Deere fabric above the door. That was added just for Nate as he is such a John Deere kind of guy I wasn't sure he'd like it without it! (He only wears John Deere clothes.).

I hope Nate enjoys it for a long time and then keeps it for his kids to play in someday.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nate LOVES his it!!! They have put a sleeping bag and some pillows in there to lay down and "watch the starts". Meaning the little miners light that I hung inside the barn. :)

Anonymous said...

If you want to take a great deal from this piece of writing then you have to apply these methods to your won webpage.


my web page :: 激安オークリー

Anonymous said...

Thanks very interesting blog!

Also visit my blog post - Sharecash downloader