Monday, July 15, 2013

Book Review--These Is my Words





These is my Words by Nancy Turner is a book I read several years ago, but it continues to be one of my favorites.

This is the journal of Sarah Prine, a strong spirited woman in the Arizona Territory in the late 1800s. She rides Indian-style and shoots with deadly aim, loves books, fights fires, floods, and Indian raids.

It is also a love story telling of the love between Sarah and Captain Jack Elliott. They are often apart and lonely but their love endures all. Sarah takes pride in their home. Often drawing the additions out in her notebook. And always waits for Captain Jack to return.

I am always awed by the stories of frontier women. I just know I would never be strong enough to endure the physical work and heartache that they had to endure.

These is my Words is the first in a series. Sarah's Quilt and Star Garden are the two books that follow. And I loved those as well!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: