Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer Fun!

We  spent some time in NW Iowa a few weeks ago camping at Twin Lakes.
Our view from our camping spot.


This is "home" for us. We both grew up just a few miles from there and my Grandparents had a cabin on the lake. I grew up living at the lake most of the summers, and we spent MANY of our summer hours at the lake when we were dating. When our kids were young, and Grandpa no longer had the cabin, we still spent a lot of time there. My sister and I would pack the kids up and head out there for the afternoon.

This time we had relatives out for supper several evenings, and we spent most of our days visiting with others. We did have the opportunity to spend a little time on the lake.


We visited familiar places.


AND these two overweight middle aged people rode bikes around the lake!!!


We hadn't been on bikes for MANY years, but need to find some type of exercise, so we tried it. It was about 90 degrees at 9:00 a.m. When we set out, but we still made it around the lake. We thought we rode seven miles, but the most recent bicycle map we just looked at says it is 11 miles. Either way, we did it!

We had a nice time, and can't wait to go back.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

So in other words your working your way up to doing the rag bri next year! LOL the lake looks like a beautiful place to camp!

Laurie said...

I'm jealous Kim! It looks so pretty and peaceful! Don't know if I could do 11 miles on a bike, guess I should find out eh?